Vehicle Inspection Pits
A vehicle inspection pit makes access to the underside of your vehicle easy, allowing you to work in a safe, well-lit environment with all your tools to hand.
Over the last ten years or so there has been a growing understanding that vehicle inspection pits have a lot to offer. A great benefit of installing a pit in your workshop is that once its installed, it can last forever. A pit makes it possible to work underneath a vehicle at the same time as above the vehicle which can increase productivity in your workshop. Totalkare can offer a range of vehicle inspection pit lengths from six metres upwards, and can also supply and install class 4 and class 7 pits.
Totalkare can cover everything from the preparation for the installation of stand-alone brake testers through to the installation of multi-pit facilities and underground workshops.
- Pit lengths from 6 metres upwards
- Class 4 and Class 7 pits available
- CE Marked to EN 1090-1 Exc 2
- IP56 1500mm LED bulkhead tube lights
- Structural calculations to verify 20,000kg jacking capacity
- Unique bond of steel to concrete
- Fully braced external walls of 5mm thick welded recessed steel pressing
- 6mm thick pressed durbar floor sloping to centre sump with 6mm cover
- Fully braced externally at less than 1m spacing
- Installed by experienced engineers
- The pit can have built in brake testing units
- No height restrictions – headroom not required
- Greater vehicle throughput – It is quicker and easier to set up and remove vehicles on a pit
- Non-standard depths and width possible on request
Air Operated Pit Jack
Totalkare’s air-operated pit jack is an ideal addition to any commercial vehicle workshop with a vehicle inspection pit, with the air operation offering a safe and efficient method of lifting large vehicles with ease.
Hand Operated Pit Jack
Totalkare’s hand-operated pit jack is an ideal addition to any commercial vehicle workshop with a vehicle inspection pit. It’s reliable, easy to use, and quiet in operation.
Mobile Brake Tester
Our DVSA-approved mobile brake tester is strong, durable and suitable for testing all vehicles up to an axle load of 16,000kg as standard - however this can be upgraded to a maximum axle load of 20,000kg.
In-Ground Brake Tester
Our DVSA-approved in-ground brake tester is strong, durable and suitable for testing all vehicles up to a maximum axle load of 20,000kg.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS THINK
Workshop Manager, Department of Infrastructure
We’ve used Totalkare for the last 20 years…
Having used Totalkare for the last 20 years, we were confident they would find us an ideal replacement to our old wash bay set up. The galvanised four post provides us with a much safer and more durable solution, and we are very pleased with this latest addition to our depot.
Operations Director, Endurance Vehicle Solutions
Technical experts that are second to none…
We turned to Totalkare to help us with the lifting and brake testing side of things. The technical experts they have are second to none and guided us through the options until we arrived at the products that best suited our requirements for high-performance, durability and, importantly, flexibility.