Totalkare play detectors are a hydraulically operated device that is fitted to a vehicle lift or inspection pit. It is used to move the position of a vehicle’s wheel in different directions to detect wear and play in suspension and steering joint components.
Totalkare’s play detectors consist of a single moving plate which is positioned on one side of the vehicle lift platform or inspection pit. The plate can move laterally by 45mm in both directions and rotate about a centre point by 12.5 degrees clockwise and anti-clockwise.
The equipment comprises three main items as listed below:
- A control system which is either fitted to a designated post on the four-post lift or floor mounted for pit installations
- A moving plate assembly which is either fitted to a designated lift platform or inspection pit
- A handheld remote control torch for the operation of the unit (hard-wired or wireless)
Operation of the play detector can be achieved by using the keypad fitted to the body of the control torch.
- Lift post or pit-mounted
- Combined lateral and rotational vehicle wheel shift from a single compact hydraulic power unit
- Fast one-man inspection of wheel bearing wear and steering linkage components
- Auto repair function in all lateral and rotational modes
- Auto zero plate centering
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS THINK
Enables us to undertake testing in-house…
Totalkare’s wheel play detector enables us to undertake key testing in-house