In-Ground Brake Tester Shaker Plates
Shaker plates are used to detect excess play in the suspension and steering joints during an MOT.
The in-ground shaker plates are generally installed either side of an inspection pit because access is required under the vehicle in order to see the movement in the steering joints. The movement can be controlled manually, automatically in selected directions or as a 10 cycle ‘box movement’ sequence. The radio linked remote control avoids expensive downtime from cable damage and allows the operator to not be restricted in their work.
- 20,000kg maximum axle load
- Plates are moved horizontally in 8 different directions by the operator
- Remote control with a keypad to control each movement
- All steel is of highest quality and hot galvanised
- Checks steering and suspension system
- Finds worn kingpin bushings, loose tie-rod ends, broken welds, loose fasteners and other failed components
- Can be supplied with an axle load system to add 8,000kg to the axle
- Plate speed: 36 mm/s
Mobile Brake Tester
Our DVSA-approved mobile brake tester is strong, durable and suitable for testing all vehicles up to an axle load of 16,000kg as standard - however this can be upgraded to a maximum axle load of 20,000kg.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS THINK
Workshop Manager, Department of Infrastructure
We’ve used Totalkare for the last 20 years…
Having used Totalkare for the last 20 years, we were confident they would find us an ideal replacement to our old wash bay set up. The galvanised four post provides us with a much safer and more durable solution, and we are very pleased with this latest addition to our depot.
Operations Director, Endurance Vehicle Solutions
Technical experts that are second to none…
We turned to Totalkare to help us with the lifting and brake testing side of things. The technical experts they have are second to none and guided us through the options until we arrived at the products that best suited our requirements for high-performance, durability and, importantly, flexibility.